As a small business owner, you put a great emphasis on engaging with your customers and providing them with the best experience while interacting with your company. Marketing plays a big role in how many people are engaging with your store and it can ensure that you are building lasting relationships and show competence with big name brands.
Today’s small business owners need to do more with less while still staying on a strict marketing budget. Fortunately, while in the prime of the digital era, there has never been a better time to do free marketing! There are many ways to get in touch with your consumers for free; such as community meetups, blogs, social media, and emails.
However, you are just one person and cannot possibly do everything yourself while running a business. Automated email marketing could be the best way to engage with your customers! On top of saving you time, it is one of the best ways for companies to interact with their consumers. It’s a win-win on both ends!
You may be wondering why customers prefer receiving updates through email. Well, email marketing is convenient, personal, and instant!
- It is convenient! As with access to email through their smartphones, buyers can stay connected with their favorite brands and can redeem any coupon codes or other special offers right at their fingertips.
- With automated emails, you can personalize their experience with your brand by creating several smaller target audiences based on their likes. Then, you don’t end up bombarding them with irrelevant messages.
- People like the ability to get information about exclusive offers and last-minute deals instantly! Sending email campaigns allows your small business to get the word out quickly and directly to customers who care so they can take advantage of the opportunity to save.
By now you are probably eager to hear some tips on how you can make sure people will sign up to your email list and won’t unsubscribe after a week. So, here we go!
- To encourage people to sign up, make sure you provide some value upon doing so. It can be a “Welcome” discount, a free item, or a handful of tips for everyday life!
- Once they are signed up, track their purchases to create segmentations and make sure they always receive relevant information specific to them. For example, a person who buys pet items is probably not interested in the newest bridal collection you offer.
- Offer discounts that only can be used by those who signed up to receive your emails. This ensures that customers will be afraid of unsubscribing as they could miss the best deals your store offers!
- Make sure your email design and language stay on brand. Constant reinforcement of the same elements creates trust and clarity. Hence, your buyers won’t think an email came from “John Doe” when it really came from you.
- Always include links and a call to action. The aim of most campaigns is to increase traffic to your online platform (this will help you rank higher when people search in Google). So, put some links in your emails that will take people directly to your website!
If you would like to learn more about email marketing, please shoot us an email at MainstreetCollection@gowhimsey.com! Make sure to include any questions or comments that you have about email marketing.
Hope this helps!