The spring 2020 season is quickly approaching…which means before we know it, it will be time for Easter, Mother’s Day, and of course, graduation season!
I’m certain that seniors everywhere are counting down the days until graduation. Oh, how I remember that sweet time! One of the many perks of graduation, (aside from earning your diploma of course!) is all of the fun gifts you receive from friends and relatives. The gifts I remember receiving, were the useful and practical ones! Give a gift that will stand out…a college student doesn’t need but so many sets of sheets and bath towels.
- Stationery – With gifts, come thank-you notes. Our fold-over notes and flat notes make for great thank-you notes to your loved ones. They also come in handy for the students moving far from home – grandma sure would appreciate an old fashioned note to hear how the first semester is going!
- Canvas totes – Our sturdy Canvas Collection has great travel pieces. The big tote makes for the perfect laundry bag to keep in your closet and tote to the laundry room. It’s also the ideal tailgating bag. Pack all of your drinks, snacks, soft cooler, and more in the larger-than-life tote.
- Beach towels – Sure, most grads get plenty of bath towels but what about a good ol’ beach towel?! They want to hit the pool at the rec center after class and don’t want to be stuck with the tiny, free towel they give you at the front desk. Our beach towels are perfect for drying off, to use as a picnic blanket, a throw in your dorm room, and more!
- Men’s duffle bags/dopp kits – Don’t forget about the guys! We can’t leave them out, they deserve something useful too. Let’s face it…guys can be hard to buy for. It’s so hard to find gifts out there for them. We’ve got you covered – our men’s duffle bags and matching dopp kits are perfect for travel. They didn’t even realize they needed these items until…well they needed them. You have to put your toothbrush somewhere!
- Keyrings – Have a lot of grads to shop for and don’t want to spend a lot? Consider our keyrings. We have several different styles to choose from. It’s hard not to love them…your grad will never lose their keys again! We also carry coordinating card holders that can be clipped on – perfect for their meal cards and school ID. You can even slide a surprise gift card to the student store for a little something extra!
I hope you find these tips helpful. Take advantage of this time to stock up – the sooner you display your gifts, the sooner you’ll have shoppers. Consider a registry to keep up with what gifts have been purchased for each grad. A great way to help prevent duplicates!
Happy selling and congrats to all 2020 grads!
Sara Tate, Director of Sales
From our window displays to our tabletop presentations, our design team spends a significant amount of time and energy planning how best to set up our showroom. We focus on displaying our products in a way that helps our customers see how our product is best displayed for increasing your units per transaction for our boutiques. Coming out of market, we wanted to share some merchandising techniques that will help you increase your sales.
Create a Story (Idea Orientated Technique): Cross merchandising items from multiple lines will create a story for your customer. For our January 2020 market, we pulled our ribbon visors, vacation versed tumblers and beach towels to display with our Canvas collection to create our story of a beach vacay! Customers can see what a great gift the visor will make when paired with the beach towel or tote.
Less is More (Style/Item or Color Story technique): Draw the eye in with color. Use a color wheel to create a color scheme that attracts the eye of your customers. This is usually a more organized and clean look which makes your customers look for more.
Call to Action ( with Signage): Whether you have an in-house designer or not, signage can really be a huge asset to a display. Pointing out sales you have going on, or specials is a great way to inform your customers. We love the idea of tying “best seller!” tags with a cute ribbon to some of your top-selling items.
For items with multiple uses, signage is a great way to let your customers know the fun and creative ways it can be used. Our Roll Up Cosmetic Bag was designed to accompany all your travel cosmetics, but it also is a great way to organize toys, pens and school supplies for teachers or students. Signs are an easy way to inform your customers of all the multiple uses of each product.
We love to see your displays with our products! Please tag us on IG or Facebook when you create a fabulous display including Mainstreet Collection.
Your MSC Team
Happy 2020, everyone! This time of year is crazy enough as it is–trying to get back into the groove after a busy holiday season and getting organized for a brand new year!! For us, we are gearing up for one of our favorite events—the Atlanta market!!
I may be biased, but it’s the best way to start your year off on the right foot. With the new year, you have new products, new customers, new ideas and new relationships! Everyone is excited about the opportunities ahead and the high energy at market is contagious!
For us, market is such a special time because our whole team of reps and office support get together and are able to celebrate a great past year, get each other excited for a fabulous year ahead, and be able to see first hand all of the hard work that goes into this company.
We also love seeing how our customers connect to each other at market. New business relationships formed, facebook embroidery groups of customers from all over the country that get together at market and bounce ideas off of each other, and small business owners who lift each other up. It’s so neat to watch and be a part of!
After a busy holiday season, I totally believe market re-lights the fire for all of us, in wholesale and retail, of why we love what we do! Gift-giving never goes out of style!
Happy & Healthy New Year!! May 2020 be your best year yet!!
As a small business owner, you put a great emphasis on engaging with your customers and providing them with the best experience while interacting with your company. Marketing plays a big role in how many people are engaging with your store and it can ensure that you are building lasting relationships and show competence with big name brands.
Today’s small business owners need to do more with less while still staying on a strict marketing budget. Fortunately, while in the prime of the digital era, there has never been a better time to do free marketing! There are many ways to get in touch with your consumers for free; such as community meetups, blogs, social media, and emails.
However, you are just one person and cannot possibly do everything yourself while running a business. Automated email marketing could be the best way to engage with your customers! On top of saving you time, it is one of the best ways for companies to interact with their consumers. It’s a win-win on both ends!
You may be wondering why customers prefer receiving updates through email. Well, email marketing is convenient, personal, and instant!
- It is convenient! As with access to email through their smartphones, buyers can stay connected with their favorite brands and can redeem any coupon codes or other special offers right at their fingertips.
- With automated emails, you can personalize their experience with your brand by creating several smaller target audiences based on their likes. Then, you don’t end up bombarding them with irrelevant messages.
- People like the ability to get information about exclusive offers and last-minute deals instantly! Sending email campaigns allows your small business to get the word out quickly and directly to customers who care so they can take advantage of the opportunity to save.
By now you are probably eager to hear some tips on how you can make sure people will sign up to your email list and won’t unsubscribe after a week. So, here we go!
- To encourage people to sign up, make sure you provide some value upon doing so. It can be a “Welcome” discount, a free item, or a handful of tips for everyday life!
- Once they are signed up, track their purchases to create segmentations and make sure they always receive relevant information specific to them. For example, a person who buys pet items is probably not interested in the newest bridal collection you offer.
- Offer discounts that only can be used by those who signed up to receive your emails. This ensures that customers will be afraid of unsubscribing as they could miss the best deals your store offers!
- Make sure your email design and language stay on brand. Constant reinforcement of the same elements creates trust and clarity. Hence, your buyers won’t think an email came from “John Doe” when it really came from you.
- Always include links and a call to action. The aim of most campaigns is to increase traffic to your online platform (this will help you rank higher when people search in Google). So, put some links in your emails that will take people directly to your website!
If you would like to learn more about email marketing, please shoot us an email at MainstreetCollection@gowhimsey.com! Make sure to include any questions or comments that you have about email marketing.
Hope this helps!