March is when it all starts in my family. The travels of back and forth from the beach to home plus 2 wild boys and new to the family, our sweet pup Hank. With all the travels, me as a mom, I have to stay somewhat organized being I am the only female in the house (men aren’t the most organized, right ladies!? 😉 ).
Here are some simple tips for the moms to keep the family organized during the spring and summer months.
Give a task to someone else
Us as moms feel like we should take it all on, but I have learned that only stresses me out so I have HAD to push myself to delegate. Now that the boys are getting older they can take on more responsibility. So, when its time to pack up for our weekends at the beach I have made it their responsibility to pack their clothes; I of course go behind them to make sure all the essentials are packed of course 😉 This has been a HUGE help (more mentally than physically).
- Our Canvas Duffles are perfect for the boys… with their names monogrammed of course.
Pre-Pack and Don’t Un-Pack
I have actually done this since Mason (my oldest who is now 7) was a baby. I am one of those moms who had my boys on a boat, near the water since they were infants so of course with any new baby and toddler there comes a ton of little stuff you can’t forget especially when you’re out on a boat. We call it our Boat Bag in my house… it’s a bag that I have which I NEVER unpack (except if there is food, of course). This has taken a lot of the thinking out of packing, which to me is the most exhausting part of traveling, am I right? All I have to do is grab it and go and add in the boat snacks once we get down to the beach.
- Some essential items that I always keep in our Boat Bag: our Stripe Beach Pouch is the perfect option
- Burt’s Bees All-Weather Moisturizing Lip Balm SPF 15
- Alba Botanica Kids Spray SPF 50
- The Honest Company Sunscreen Stick SPF 30
- A change of clothes (so they have something dry to put on for the boat ride in)
- Beach Towels (our lightweight towels are a staple for any summer trip)
- The boys sunglasses (a cheap pair so I don’t have to keep up with them and I know I’ve got them if the boys need them)
- 2 baseball hats
- Baby powder for the bums or sandy feet
*I use my Think Dirty app to find the cleanest products for your kiddos
Our Big Tote or Towel Tote makes for the perfect “Boat Bag” for any family
Shop all our Swim + Beach Bags for all your upcoming travels.